Friday, July 30, 2010

Mel Tillis is Homesick

03-8-10... Aren't Mondays a drag? Seems to be the most difficult day to get the brain kick-started, and the

attitude that starts the week trends throughout the week. So, since I know my brain has a desire to set me up for a sour mood, I rely on music to detour myself around a bad week. No radio. Something in between songs will piss me off... news, undoubtedly. Music alone will keep me happy, even if it's not necessarily uplifting music. Once I get past Monday with my spirits up, the rest the week follows suit.

Did I say something about a detour? Spade Cooley sings about one, and hopefully it will put you on the right track for your Monday. Detour




03-10-10... True faith is something not to be taken for granted. Right, Waylon Jennings? Only Daddy That'll Walk the Line


03-12-10... I wonder how many men and women who are far away from home can relate to this song. Far too many, and some are where they are for mistaken purpose, now freely admitted by one whose book is #1 seller on Amazon. Anyhow, this song by Mel Tillis is from a different war and different time, but the message is timeless for any soldier away from homeland. Stateside

Links to free, two-minute samples of these three songs are HERE

No comments: