Friday, June 4, 2010

The Treasure of George Jones

01-11-10... Hank Williams wants to get away from a hurtful woman and start fresh, but his mind isn't ready. So, he concedes defeat with his uniquely pained vocaling in You Win Again.



01-13-10... Thinking "I can" brings expansion and forward movement. Thinking "I can't" brings retraction.

Carson Robison's the rube come to the big city. Rather than saying "I can" fend for myself to find good times, he puts his trust (and his money) to a complete stranger, with bad result the obvious outcome, in I'm Going Back.


01-15-10... Sometimes events occur on levels anywhere from personal to global which make us wonder what in the hell we're doing here. Sometimes we're made to feel so small and insignificant that our spirits are sapped, our energy and optimism drained, and we teeter on the edge of a depression from which we're not sure we can recover.




Fortunately, there is one universal element always available to support us -- love -- love of a mate, love of family, love of humankind in all possible expressions. Music is one of those expressions, and every now and then we are gifted with a near-perfect coming together of melody, lyrics, voice and instruments. For me, this song is one that never fails to lift my spirits regardless of whatever's dragging me down. It's the voice of George Jones circa 1957, and not surprisingly, the title includes the word love. The Treasure of Love

MP3 links for these song samples can be found right HERE.

No comments: