Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dusty Springfield Suggestive

Thought I might throw in an extra week at midweek. From second week of December 2009:

12-9-09... First time I heard this song was on Hank Williams III's album, Risin' Outlaw, or so I thought. My brain seemed to remind me I had another version on a compilation album, and it was right.

It's Bobby Edwards and his #11 hit from 1961. You're the Reason









12-11-09... Dusty Springfield had a maddeningly sexy voice and hair -- very, very big hair. Adding to such temptation, this particular selection includes a saxophone that speaks orally -- breathy and wet, if you catch my drift. To seal the deal, suggestive lyrics and the always-innovative, always unpredictable chord progressions and memorable melody of Burt Bacharach should take us all to dreamyland. The Look of Love

Link page to the mp3's HERE

No comments: